Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Travels

Last week was Spring Break...to a teacher's wife, like myself, this is one of the most glorious times of year. This year, my family chose my Montana home as our place to adventure. For me, this place is a place I hold so dear. It is where I grew up; where I learned to ride a horse and drive a four-wheeler; where I spent the first eighteen years of my life. It is a place I love almost more than any other...and now, there is nothing better than sharing this place with my husband and two girls.


That place, my Montana home, is filled with so much for me. My family. My heritage. My memories. My childhood, adolescence and teen years were spent in the same house with same people. It is those people who have made me who I am...It is those memories that still influence the decisions I make daily.


Taking those I love the most to where I became me is one of my favorite things. They see the family ranch I loved spending time at and farm I grew up on. They laugh with the people I grew up laughing with. They build relationships with all the people who invested in me and shaped me. I get to see my girls run on the lawn where I ran as child, get whisker rubs from my Dad just like I used to.


 My Emma girl spent one morning riding on the back of a truck, on a much smaller version of the ranch we used to have, sliding hay bales off to feed the cattle. This is one of the things I remember, so very vividly, doing with my grandfather. To see her, doing something I loved as a child...well, it left me a little speechless.

There is just something about sharing something you value so very much, with those you love the very most.



Our most treasured family heirlooms are our sweet family memories.
                                   -Unkown

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment