Monday, March 16, 2015

The Unexpected

Friendship. Part three.

I firmly believe that God brings people into our lives at different times for very distinct reasons. I also believe that we were not meant to be friendless. We were made for love. We were made to care about others. We were made to be wanted. 

I never expected to become such good friends with Alicia, but God knew I needed her. We are very different and in quite different places in life, but God knew I needed a friend to: laugh, cry, adventure, dance, write, live, hope, dream, remember, and walk with. 

For me, this blog is about sharing. It's about exploring life together and pushing each other to do more of the things we've wanted to do but never have. It's about helping each other live a little more of a diverse life where we experience a little bit of each other's flavor. 

Life is to be shared.

-She

~ ~ ~
I feel as though there is so much I could say about my friendship with Sheila...while it wasn't something I even knew I needed at the time we met, it has become something I hold so dear and value so very much. God has used her, in my life, in ways I never even imagined. She challenges me, pushes me WAAAAY outside my comfort zone, all the while, caring about me and who I am. Like She said, we are so different and are at very different places in our lives, but amidst those differences, we have found a way to communicate, challenge and walk through life together. 

One of the first nights that I met Sheila, she was leaving our house late, and I said "hey, text me when you make it home." That is how our communication started. Many text messages, pictures, quotes, and funny moments have been captured via text. It's like we are digital pen pals. 

My hope and prayer for this blog is that, as you see two completely different people grow in the friendship God had for them, you, too, are challenged to do the same in your life. This may look different for you.

...for Sheila and I, it looks something like this:

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment