Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Adventure

Friendship. Part two.

I'd like to say that I'm an adventurer.

It started when I was in middle school when I hiked the Grand Canyon with my grandparents. It's safe to say they helped me grow into my adventure. From then on, I've looked for adventure. Camping, hiking, simply being free in the woods is something I truly enjoy. I love getting away from the city; away from the rush of life, the clutter in my mind. I love God in nature. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not brave enough to leave everything behind and hunker down in the woods all by myself. I would go crazy. Quite literally. I enjoy people too much to leave it all behind for a cozy spot in a forested area. I need people. I know it. And an adventure isn't quite the same without someone to enjoy it with.


I think this is what friendship looks like to me.

It's about walking together.


The trail may get muddy. The trail may end. We may have to walk through waste high water or climb up giant scary rocks. We may have to take breaks along the way and we may want to quit at times. But to me, friendship is all about the walk, the hike, the adventure. It's walking side by side through whatever comes along and knowing that friends will always keep walking together. Quitting isn't an option. Pushing, encouraging, challenging, and going another mile is what friendship is all about.

And every now and again, enjoying those mountain top experiences together too.
~She

No comments:

Post a Comment